Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another one bites the dust

It's the end of my second day of being unemployed, and I am starting to come to terms with my situation. Part of me wants to revel in the fact that I was terribly unhappy in my previous position and was eager to leave, and another part was comfortable where I was. It was familiar. It was safe. Even if it wasn't always pretty.

But I guess what I really needed was a kick in the pants. A wakeup call to say, 'hey, why are you wasting your life here being miserable? Get out there and find that job....YOUR job!' So as unhappy as I was to get the boot, someone was looking out for me. If I hadn't left now maybe I would have been sucked into indentured servitude for the foreseeable future. Thank goodness I was spared that fate!

So I drift off into the land of slumber feeling somewhat unburdened, looking forward to the future and finding out what it has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment