Monday, June 20, 2011

Here today, gone tomorrow.

I was on cloud nine. I passed my state board exam, with flying colors. This was going to open a lot of doors. I wasn't planning on staying at my current job for long. Now that I was registered it was time to move on to bigger and better things. But I wasn't expecting the cold greeting I got when I walked in to work today.

I was handed a check and said, sorry we can't keep you. What?!? Seriously? I just passed the boards, that is supposed to make me more valuable, not more expendable. Granted there are already 4 registered technicians there already.

I know that I should be happy because I really was over working there, but I had fully intended on having a job lined up before leaving. Now I am filing for unemployment and dealing with a host of emotions I had never experienced before.

I've never been fired! I've never even been reprimanded or written up, how could I possibly have been expecting this? It's hard not to feel like a failure when you are used to succeeding and leaving of your own accord. So this puts me in a new position. I will be trying to submerse myself in activities and job hunting so that I do not spiral down into a pit of self-pity. Join me on my journey if you like...

No comments:

Post a Comment