Monday, June 20, 2011

The morning after...

I woke up this morning in a haze. Trying to remember exactly what went down yesterday. It's a blur of disbelief, anger, resentment, and relief. There isn't a "morning after" pill for what I've been through.

My head is still reeling from the shock of being asked to leave my job of three years. Even though I'm sure it was because he wasn't willing to give the raise I would be asking for when my license came in, it's still a blow to the ego. I haven't quite picked up the pieces yet.

I have taken the first step. I applied for unemployment, the only silver lining to this cloud. It will help lift the burden of the next steps of looking for a new job. I guess this is the time to start focusing on what I really want to be doing...working with horses! This may be just the thing I needed to shake it all up and get me going in the right direction.

The journey starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment